Cheese sandwiches don’t always have to be made with white bread. This recipe uses a wheat & rye bread with all kind of seeds worked into it.
- cut bread in thin slices
- butter one side
- smear mayonnaise on the other side
- add shredded cheese mix on the buttered side
- add second slice of bread (buttered side down)
- heat up skillet with butter or sunflower oil
- fry sandwiches on each side until brown
Hint: I like to add a lid to the frying pan. This increases the heat and “bakes” the sandwiches nicely. The mayonnaise will make the sandwich extremely crunchy.